Peter Sutherland OAM
One of South Australia's first surgeons to train in open radical prostatectomy in the United States
- Brought the technique back to Adelaide in the 1980's
- In 2004 pioneered the introduction of robotic Urology in South Australia
- Established Australia's first public robotic surgery program in the Royal Adelaide Hospital
- Head of Urology at RAH for 25 years
- One of the most experienced robotic surgeons in Australia
- Over 1,700 cases completed
Surgeons from around the world have travelled to work and study under Peter Sutherland and his team in the Royal Adelaide's Robotic Fellowship Program.
Peter has mentored surgeons training in robotic surgery in hospitals in Britain, New Zealand and throughout Australia. He is a Charter Member of the International Society of Robotic Surgeons and is dedicated to its fundamental principles of robotic surgical education, research and collaboration.